Tuesday, September 6, 2011

FIRST TIME:made my own SUSHI

I'm craving for some Philadelphia rolls and california maki, 
so I decided to make my own sushi at home. :)
It was my first time to make a sushi roll
and it goes like this... :))

SUSHI RICE:
(ingredients)

1 cup Japanese rice
1 cup water
2.5 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt

-wash the rice until the water becomes clear
 -drain the rice and set aside
-boil the 1 cup water and add the rice
-cook for 20 minutes
-prepare your sushi vinegar 
-mix rice vinegar, sugar, and salt until dissolved

 -spread the hot steamed rice into a large plate,  DONT use metal plate
-sprinkle the vinegar mixture over the rice and mix together
 -prepare the toppings or fillings of your choice
*remember, there are a lot of possible fillings for sushi rolls,
by mixing and matching any ingredients, you can create as many different varieties of  rolls.


 -ready your bamboo mat and cling wrap
-place cling wrap on top of the bamboo mat
 - Spread a portion of sushi rice on top of the cling wrap
you can also use nori sheet instead of cling wrap
*TIP! - It's important to keep your hands wet while working with sushi rice because it is sticky.
 Place your toppings lengthwise at center of your rice.
 my first roll : mango,crab stick,cream cheese
 
The fun part: START ROLLING :))
-roll the bamboo mat forward
-press firmly the bamboo mat with hands
 -tighten your roll by pressing and pulling on your mat
 -finish your rolling by rolling your tightened roll over the last flap


 Roll your sushi up and cut them into 1 inch rounds and serve.
 *TIP! - use a very sharp knife or wipe the knife with a wet cloth before slicing each sushi 
so rice will not stick on the knife


 second roll: with mayonaise filling


  NOT BAD FOR A FIRST TIMER!!! :)

my first roll: I did not put any mayonaise filling so I put the mayonaise on top instead.

my second roll: I put mayonaise in the center so no need to put mayo on top :)


Do try it, and let me know how is it.
HAVE FUN ROLLING!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment